Can’t connect Arlo Wired Video Doorbell plus Base station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
megalosworld
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been trying to set up my wired Arlo Video doorbell and had been unsuccessful.  I followed all directions but it’s not connecting to the WiFi - I plugged in and unplugged the base station and still nothing. I met the WiFi requirements.  I don’t know what else to do. Please help!!!

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@megalosworld wrote:

I plugged in and unplugged the base station and still nothing. 

What base station do you have?

megalosworld
Aspirant
Aspirant
@StephenB I was able to connect using my base but I’ve read that I don’t have to. When I ring the doorbell, it calls me. I don’t want that I‘d like to use Wifi instead but I’m still not able to connect.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@megalosworld wrote:
When I ring the doorbell, it calls me. I don’t want that ...

Changing over to wifi won't change that behavior.  It will still call you.  So if that is the only reason for switching to your home wifi, then I suggest that you leave well enough alone.

To connect to your home wifi, you need a 2.4 ghz network.  It is important that both the network name (SSID) and passphrase be entered correctly - both are case sensitive.   Otherwise the QR code will have the wrong information in it.  Also, it can be tricky to get the camera in the doorbell to focus on the QR code.  So you might need to move the phone (further away or closer) to get it to find it.

There is some more info here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloVideoDoorbell/arlo-video-doorbell-um-us.pdf

peterzoetermeer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello I have the Wireless doorbell , but I can only connect on wifi, my cams connects automatic the base, but my doorbell won't do that,! he have the newest firmware, I reboot the base station, but only the 2.4 works whit the QR code please help 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You did read where it states the WIRELESS doorbell is WiFi-only right now, right? The wired doorbell can connect to either a base/hub or WiFi.

megalosworld
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes I am aware of that - I’ve been having issues with this doorbell and it’s very frustrating.  There are days that the doorbell is working, one day the camera will work, there are days both are working then there are days nothing! Very frustrating.  I’m ready. To return allllll of the arlo equipments

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@megalosworld

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation