Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can an Arlo system do this please? Auto door unlock remotely?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pharian
Follower
Follower

Hi,

We are putting in a new front fence and our entry door will now be out on the street. We are going to need to put in an entry system with a video doorbell and a video screen in the house, and a system where you can open the door from the video screen.

We would also like it to connect to our phones, so we can unlock the door with our phone, and also unlock the door with a code. 

I've been looking at Arlo video cameras because they are great quality and the backend arlo software looks like it is really good. 

But I can't find a straight answer about whether or not I can get an automatic lock that will tie in with the Arlo software, or if I can get a video screen that I can mount in the house to join up with it all too. 

I can use WIFI possibly (it's a fair distance to reach over though), and I can also wire it all up when we build the new fence and entryway (which is probably preferred).

Can anyone tell me if Arlo doorbells will tie in with any video screens on the market, or automatic locks? 

Thanks, P

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pharian wrote:

whether or not I can get an automatic lock that will tie in with the Arlo software,

No.

@Pharian wrote:

I can get a video screen that I can mount in the house to join up with it all too. 

It is possible to integrate with some displays to see live video when you request it.  Livestreaming will time out after a few minutes, so you can't set up a video stream that is permanently showing the doorbell camera.

AFAIK you can't set up the screen to automatically display video when someone rings the doorbell.   

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation