Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not show video then disconnects

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ksteins
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I get the camera to connect via Wi-Fi Direct, however no image is shown in app. This is screenshot. 

D3D092E0-7A37-430F-938B-692DA4D0BB1C.png

 then a few minutes later it goes to this. 

505BF7ED-4387-48EA-BD0F-4347ED3D7DEA.png

 Any thoughts on solutions. Note Wi-Fi signal is strong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksteins
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I reached customer support at Arlo. They walked me through the setup. Step by step. Two things that we did during the steps. 
first was when I got to the enter password for Wi-Fi network I retyped the network user name. It auto populated and was correct but they had me retype it. Also when we got to the step after connection the firmware update took longer than expected. Had to be patient and wait. They could see in their end how it was progressing. So my video doorbell is up and working. Bottom line get support on the line to help if you have followed all steps and tried all solutions. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ksteins wrote:

So I get the camera to connect via Wi-Fi Direct

WiFi Direct (connecting to your phone or PC)?

Or is the camera set to connect to your Home WiFi (router or access point)?

The camera requires an internet connection and WiFi Direct doesn't create that.

Ksteins
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I reached customer support at Arlo. They walked me through the setup. Step by step. Two things that we did during the steps. 
first was when I got to the enter password for Wi-Fi network I retyped the network user name. It auto populated and was correct but they had me retype it. Also when we got to the step after connection the firmware update took longer than expected. Had to be patient and wait. They could see in their end how it was progressing. So my video doorbell is up and working. Bottom line get support on the line to help if you have followed all steps and tried all solutions. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation