Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera housing coming apart

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AprilDinTenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I loved my video doorbell however it’s been a year now since I got it and the housing unit is coming apart. It’s coming unglued.. the button has a crack in it. I thought these were weather proof but it isn’t. The sun shines directly on the front of my house.. it’s gotten so hot and it’s ruining the device. It’s also caused it to not record videos clearly. The videos at night have streaks in them so if a car drives by it can’t be made out clearly. I really love this doorbell. But now it’s starting to get frustrating. Can Arlo replace it? Do they “fix” them? Will I just keep having to buy new doorbells every year? I couldn’t get any info from the live chat robot. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately after the warranty period is over there's no replacements from Arlo and no repairs. It likely took a while to get to this point so my suggestion is to contact support while the warranty is still in effect so an RMA can be accomplished. Right now your only choice is to replace it.

That said, I've not heard of any other problem like this so maybe you just had bad luck getting a poorly manufactured device. A replacement may work properly for years.

Myoder2004
Tutor
Tutor
I have the exact same problem. Front cover of doorbell has curled up and exposed the insides of the unit to weathering and completely dead. The fact that I now need to replace a 15 month old device (and the fact that my hub continually disconnects my cameras and tech support has been zero support) makes me want to toss all of my Arlo products and go a different route. For being one of the pricier options on the market I'd expect a bit better construction and service.
AprilDinTenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
yep.. i contacted support and pretty much was just told sorry bout your luck! definitely wont buy or recommend anyone to buy this junk..
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation