Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Avd1001-100eu

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gee89
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I was just wondering if anybody had a wiring diagram for the avd1001 video doorbell.
I have got a 16v bell transformer wired mounted in a seperate enclosure taking in mains 230v ac.
The doorbell chime is a honeywell d117, I have found a wiring diagram for the ring doorbell but can't find a arlo suitable arlo one. I thought that they might be the same.
I can see from the ring diagram that the arlo power adaptor takes a feed from the transformer. The chimebox as seen in photo has 4 terminals according the the ring diagram only 0,2,3 terminals are used is this correct? I would really appreciate any help that is given. Many thanks!
1646596117005124458277093037958.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The transformer appears to be out of spec (8 VA, and the AVD1001 spec says it requires 10 VA).  An AVD2001 might work out better for you - there is no power kit to worry about.  It will trickle-charge with with your existing transformer.

Overall, an ordinary doorbell is wired from the transformer, and to F (front) on the chime - or R (rear) or B (back) for the other door.  The AVD1001 is wired the same way, so you would be able to simply connect it to the two existing doorbell wiring.  The wrinkle is that you also need to install the power kit (which diverts power around the chime when the doorbell isn't being pressed).  That needs to be wired in the chime - between F and T for the front door.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The transformer appears to be out of spec (8 VA, and the AVD1001 spec says it requires 10 VA).  An AVD2001 might work out better for you - there is no power kit to worry about.  It will trickle-charge with with your existing transformer.

Overall, an ordinary doorbell is wired from the transformer, and to F (front) on the chime - or R (rear) or B (back) for the other door.  The AVD1001 is wired the same way, so you would be able to simply connect it to the two existing doorbell wiring.  The wrinkle is that you also need to install the power kit (which diverts power around the chime when the doorbell isn't being pressed).  That needs to be wired in the chime - between F and T for the front door.

Gee89
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Stephen,
I just wanted to say thank you! It's all sorted now I got it wired up OK and everything is working. I got a 10va transformer and it's putting out just under 19v I test fitted it and got it to light up although I did have to wait for the internal battery to charge. I've just got to fit it to the wall outside. Once again many thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation