Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired doorbell no longer picks up movement

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
UNyssa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed my doorbell about a month ago and I loved it. Everything worked perfectly. It caught all the movements of anything or anyone coming remotely in my front walkway area, sent me notifications and recorded it all. I even like the leave a message recording. However in the last week suddenly it will not record or send notifications unless you stand at the doorbell and press it and continue to stand there. I even hand a delivery where they rang the doorbell and left. Never recorded I just happened to be home when it happened but received nothing. How do I fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove the doorbell and resync it. While you're at it use the reset procedure described in the FAQ here in the support area. Hold the button for >10 seconds. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription? After the trial sub runs out you need a sub for cloud recordings.

UNyssa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep have a subscription as I currently have 7 cameras along with my wired video doorbell. I upgraded to the 4K about 6 months ago so I got rid of my old arlo sub and cameras. Started from scratch after talking to their support staff
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove the doorbell and resync it. While you're at it use the reset procedure described in the FAQ here in the support area. Hold the button for >10 seconds. 

UNyssa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey! Thank you as I reset my video doorbell and it now records me or anyone coming and going from the front door area. Perfect!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation