Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo wired doorbell AND pro 3 video flood, how to move to a new account due to different locations

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rockychicken
Follower
Follower

We have a wired video doorbell that got associated with our 4 Arlo cameras that are located at another location, different addresses.  It records but does not keep them.  Then I added a Pro 3 wireless floodlight and camera.  It too shows up but does not record or keep any recording.  The 4 cameras at the lake are on my husbands account and he shared them with me to look at.  Then these two above got added but we cannot record nor keep.  I know we need another account and another plan, but I cannot find how to removed them then add another plan and add them to that plan.  The two I installed here at our home, I shared with him.  I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the community boards and the Arlo help area trying to decipher how to do this. I cannot find the right article or anything that tries to explain this.  I am about ready to sell them all cheap and switch brands since I cannot talk to anyone for help. I am not a stupid person.....but I'm about to torch Arlo online.  I am no one and I am sure they don't care but there is no way the average older person could trouble shoot any of this. Thanks for any help and guidance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Since you have a subscription plan, suggest you contact arlo customer support via the arlo app settings page.

Cameras under a subscription can be found in the app settings page of the owners account. Desktop browser is required to access the arlo web portal to edit.

Transfer of arlo equipment between accounts requires removing and adding which will require local network access by the app.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rockychicken wrote:

We have a wired video doorbell that got associated with our 4 Arlo cameras that are located at another location, different addresses.  It records but does not keep them.  Then I added a Pro 3 wireless floodlight and camera.  It too shows up but does not record or keep any recording.  The 4 cameras at the lake are on my husbands account and he shared them with me to look at.  Then these two above got added but we cannot record nor keep.  I know we need another account and another plan, but I cannot find how to removed them then add another plan and add them to that plan.  The two I installed here at our home, I shared with him.  

The cheapest option is for you to remove the cameras and doorbell from your account, and then add them to your husband's.  Then you can use his Arlo Secure subscription (since it supports unlimited cameras).

The other option is for you to purchase a subscription.  Do that from a PC (my.arlo.com) - selecting the subscription option in settings.  Use "manage cameras" to drag the cameras into the subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation