Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video wired doorbell - the chime in my house stays engaged

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SAPAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed a wired video doorbell and used the existing chime inside my house.  When someone rings the door bell, instead of it doing a quick ding dong like it used to it now goes ding and then you hear the electrical current keeping the chime engaged and then about 2 seconds later you hear the dong noise.  The relay in the chime seems to be staying engaged and not disengaging right away.  Sounds terrible and afraid the transformer will eventually burn out or the doorbell will break as a result.  Has anyone seen this before and have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAPAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interestingly my issue resolved itself when I was able to sync my Video Doorbell to my Arlo SmartHub.  I previously was not able to sync with my SmartHub because I use an iPhone.  When I put the Video Doorbell on the SmartHub and selected Mechanical Doorbell the issue resolved itself.  Prior to being able to put the doorbell on the SmartHub I don't recall the option to choose the type of doorbell.  Thank you for the responses.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SAPAL,

Is your transformer meeting the minimum requirements for the doorbell? 

How do I measure the voltage of my doorbell transformer?

JamesC

MrCrabs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sapal I have the same model and issue as you. What I did was turn off the mechanical setting in set up and instead purchased an Arlo doorbell chime. It's too bad my original chime won't work correctly. I purchased a dedicated 16 volt wall transformer and got the same results with my original chime. So now it's just out of the loop. Does anyone know of a better solution?
SAPAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interestingly my issue resolved itself when I was able to sync my Video Doorbell to my Arlo SmartHub.  I previously was not able to sync with my SmartHub because I use an iPhone.  When I put the Video Doorbell on the SmartHub and selected Mechanical Doorbell the issue resolved itself.  Prior to being able to put the doorbell on the SmartHub I don't recall the option to choose the type of doorbell.  Thank you for the responses.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation