Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell voltage

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rbwhotrod
Follower
Follower
I have been trying to install the arlo video doorbell. I upgraded the transformer and now have 29v at the transformer but only 15v at the actual doorbell. I know arlo recommends min 16 to 24v range but will it actully work with 15v.? Also. It Chimes repeatedly when the video dbell is hooked up but not when the old switch is hooked up. It's a very old mechanical doorbell from the 70s. Is my issue with the repeated chiming caused by the 15v at the doorbell or due to the old mechanical chime.. it would be easier for me to replace the chime then it would be to run new wire from the Transformer to the doorbell
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That voltage drop is worrisome - it's either poor wiring or the existing chime is really sucking it down. I'd start by popping a wire off the chime to see what happens - if still low voltage, you have no choice but to install new wiring. If the voltage remains in spec (the upper limit is 24v so what transformer ratings are there for the one you installed?) then I'd say you need to replace the chime.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation