Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell- chime worked initially but now chime doesn't sound

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Duke92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed and the chime worked upon initial setup but now the original doorbell chime is not sounding when the video doorbell is pressed. Rechecked all connections and now am asking for help. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duke92,

Do you have the power kit installed? Take a look here for more details and troubleshooting tips:

My existing chime does not ring when I press my Arlo Video Doorbell; what do I do?

How do I install the Power Kit for my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

dizzydevil
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to me.  This thing can't handle heat no matter what the specs say.  Installed at 10am and it broke by noon when mounted against brick on the front of the house facing west.  Once the outside temp reaches about 80, it never worked again unless i tried to freeze it for a few minutes.  

The app never said anything about heat being an issue with the camera as it kept pushing alerts through the day.  It also can't sync to the audio chime when it fails which now seems like a major product gap.  

It only reached 90 today and we haven't even hit July.  It'll never survive the summer and is going back.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dizzydevil,

The operating temperature for the doorbell is between -20 to 45 degrees Celsius. I you're experiencing an issue with the doorbell operating in temperatures within that range, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

See here for more information: What are the features and specifications of the Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation