Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell activity zone disappeared from the app and the web

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VerDisappointed
Tutor
Tutor

WARNING. For the first three months my doorbell worked perfectly. When I renewed my premiere subscription, my ability to define an activity zone disappeared from the app and the web. Support was of no help at all. They ran me through all the steps mentioned in similar posts, made me delete the app, reboot, restore, send them multiple screen shots. AND THEN THEY WENT SILENT. Still no activity zone (without which the device is worthless).  DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE.  

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What do you see when you navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Video Settings. On the web client, you should see a "Create New Zone" button that allows you to device an activity zone.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on this page?

JamesC

VerDisappointed
Tutor
Tutor

This Is exactly the problem with support. I sent all those screenshots days ago. You never responded to me. My case # is 41786402  it’s really frustrating to force your customers to do this over and over. Cris admitted that this is a recurring issue with many customers. Please just fix it. 

VerDisappointed
Tutor
Tutor
I see James C is posting the same lame answer to all the threads re activity zones. “Look at the KB articles.” He never really resolves anyone’s problem. I’ve been trying to restore my activity zone function for weeks now and have gotten no actual help.
VerDisappointed
Tutor
Tutor
Support Update
Since my first contact with support at the beginning of July, Arlo has STILL not gotten back to me with a solution.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation