Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo doorbell not chiming after setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
r1efer
Follower
Follower

I moved into a house that already had an arlo doorbell. At first, when the button was pushed, it would chime. After I downloaded the app and set everything up on my phone it now directs a call to me instead of chiming. Nothing with the power supply was changed. How do I change the settings back so that I hear the doorbell? In the app for sound, it still shows a checkmark by mechanical chime.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@r1efer wrote:

I moved into a house that already had an arlo doorbell. At first, when the button was pushed, it would chime. After I downloaded the app and set everything up on my phone it now directs a call to me instead of chiming. Nothing with the power supply was changed. How do I change the settings back so that I hear the doorbell? In the app for sound, it still shows a checkmark by mechanical chime.

What model doorbell do you have? It should still be ringing the traditional chime.

First check if the silent mode is enabled for the doorbell in the app.  You can set the doorbell to call you but not ring the chime there.  So make sure that didn't happen.

If you have an AVD1001, that has a power kit installed at the chime.  Take a look at the switch on the power kit and make sure it is not in the bypass position (which is "X").  Note the other Arlo doorbells do not have a power kit.

You can also try removing the doorbell and then touching the two wires together - which will confirm that the chime is still working.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation