Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo doorbell installation without existing doorbell chim

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LordGarrett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I would like to know if the doorbell has a complete wireless installation possibility. 

I don't have an existing doorbell installation but only 3 arlo pro 2 with base home station.

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It requires power to run. There's a battery inside but it's to supplement the existing power on occasion and won't run the camera. I use an external transformer that plugs into an outdoor outlet to power my doorbell since I also don't have available wiring.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VT6ZH5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LordGarrett
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well my bell will be fixed on my garage external wall which has electricity sockets. So I guess it is OK? Still where is the bell? Only on phone calls?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An internal wall plug would be fine as long as the wire doesn't get pinched, cutting the insulation, as well as making sure there's a drip loop in the wire so water can't run along the wire into the doorbell or wall socket.

The doorbell will call the phone when pressed but you could also add an Arlo chime if you have a base station to connect it to.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation