Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Video Doorbell picks up all vehicles that drive by

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Snoball0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo wired video doorbell picks up all vehicles that go by on street in spite of my having the motion sensitivity set clear down to 1 in settings and in mode.  It also goes off line frequently and when I check settings they are back up to 80.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Tired of deleting hundreds of vehicle videos!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion test is just a test to get a number to put into your modes and rules. It will reset to 80 every time you leave the test. However, you've already turned the sensitivity down in your modes and rules (note that turning it down all the way does not turn it off but just reduces sensitivity). Since the doorbell can't be moved, use an activity zone (doorbell settings, Activity Zones) to eliminate the street.

Snoball0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  The street is directly behind my our front door so how would I set it to pick up whomever comes to the door, but not still have it picking up the vehicles going by directly behind that location?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Snoball0 wrote:

Thanks.  The street is directly behind my our front door so how would I set it to pick up whomever comes to the door, but not still have it picking up the vehicles going by directly behind that location?

If you have a subscription, you can turn off notifications for vehicles.  You'll still get the recordings though.

Activity zones might be another option.

And of course reducing the motion sensitivity in the rule(s) - though that can result in missed detections, so there is a balance there.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation