Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Wired Video Doorbell Stopped Push Notifications - Solved with no Reinstall or Network Reset

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
donyabelle
Follower
Follower
About five months ago, I stopped receiving push notifications to my iPhone 13 (IOS 15) from my wired Arlo video doorbell after a power failure. I was able to restore push notifications by doing a Motion Detection Test. To do this, you go to your Arlo App on your phone, tap Settings, My Devices, Arlo Doorbell, Device Utilities, Motion Detection Test. Then go in front of your doorbell. It will begin the  Motion Detection Test. If the test is successful, you will see the doorbell lights flashing. Then I moved away and then back in front of the doorbell and the Push Notification was restored. Today, push notifications arbitrarily stopped again with no sign of a power failure and no changes to my iPhone settings.  I performed the Motion Detection Test and push notifications were restored.  In the first instance, no one at Arlo Support was able to come up with that solution. I discovered it myself. The only thing they said was to reset my router, restart or remove the device completely and re-set it up from scratch, none of which worked. I like my solution better.
1 REPLY 1
ChefChaudart
Guide
Guide

"The only thing they said was to reset my router, restart or remove the device completely and re-set it up from scratch, none of which worked. I like my solution better."

I have the same experience, and I agree with your conclusion.

I will try your tip.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation