Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
gg138
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two Arlo wired doorbells and one came unsync’d this morning and couldn’t find the wifi network. I tried reinstalling it from the app, and it won’t give me the blinking sync ring. It also won’t read the QR after that step (not that I really expected it to if it wouldn’t even go into pair mode). Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gg138 wrote:
 I tried reinstalling it from the app, and it won’t give me the blinking sync ring.

Did you try resetting it?  https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

gg138
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen- thank you for your reply! I did try pushing the little tool into the pinhole that’s between the two contacts. I’m not sure that did anything, though. I’ll try it again, though - thanks! I hope that works!
gg138
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi again. I tried resetting it, but I never got the blinking light ring. The light ring will light up when something is in front of it, but I can’t get it to blink by resetting or putting into pairing mode.

One thing I just thought of - we had a power outage for a couple of minutes yesterday. Could that have caused a problem?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gg138 wrote:

One thing I just thought of - we had a power outage for a couple of minutes yesterday. Could that have caused a problem?

It could have caused it (though of course the system should have recovered). 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation