Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell with Panasonic Kx-ta824 Phone system

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Craig36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchase two wired arlo video doorbells (front & back) and was hoping to attach to the chime currently used by my Panasonic KX-TA824 phone system doorbell wires. The chime only has two leads since that runs back to the central box where the old doorbells connect next to that feed. Can I connect the power supplies to those doorbell feeds or two supplies to the same two lines on the chime? Any advice is welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig36 wrote:

I haven’t found the transformer but the doorbell leads at the phone console only read 3.85v so will need a bit more work to upgrade wiring. 

AC or DC?

FWIW, I don't think this is about the wiring.  I think the chime system isn't compatible with Arlo.

With effort, you could get a relay installed, then power the doorbell with a compatible transformer (using the relay to trigger the Panasonic system). 

Or use a WireFree model with a Chime 2, and leave the doorbell leads disconnected.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig36 wrote:

I purchase two wired arlo video doorbells (front & back) and was hoping to attach to the chime currently used by my Panasonic KX-TA824 phone system doorbell wires. The chime only has two leads since that runs back to the central box where the old doorbells connect next to that feed. Can I connect the power supplies to those doorbell feeds or two supplies to the same two lines on the chime? Any advice is welcome.

The doorbell might not be compatible with that system (I'd be surprised if it is).

Can you measure the voltage going through the doorbells - is it low voltage AC?  If so, what is the voltage?

Craig36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven’t found the transformer but the doorbell leads at the phone console only read 3.85v so will need a bit more work to upgrade wiring. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig36 wrote:

AC or DC?

FWIW, I don't think this is about the wiring.  I think the chime system isn't compatible with Arlo.

With effort, you could get a relay installed, then power the doorbell with a compatible transformer (using the relay to trigger the Panasonic system). 

Or use a WireFree model with a Chime 2, and leave the doorbell leads disconnected.  

Craig36
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would need the battery life of the wireless model to last at least a year so I guess I will need to figure out the rely solution you suggest. Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig36 wrote:

I would need the battery life of the wireless model to last at least a year so I guess I will need to figure out the relay solution you suggest. Thanks

Might be a good idea to use an electrician.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation