Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
marcostgs
Tutor
Tutor

My video doorbell is not sending push notifications when motion is detected, even though it is recording the related video in the base station SD card. The exact same configuration works normally for my other Arlo Ultra cameras. My setup is Video Doorbell, together with Arlo Ultra 4K. No Smart plan.

What I already tried and didn't work:

- created and activated a new mode to record video, push notification for the Video Doorbell

- removed activity zones from the video doorbell configuration

- created only 1 activity zone for it (my normal setup is with 2 zones, which also didn't work)

The Doorbell stopped sending push notifications after my Smart Plan trial ended. I get that the plan offers the smart notifications, but I want a plain simple push notification, preferably only when activity zone is triggered.

Getting a notification right away when detecting motion is important because very often visitors don't ring the bell, they prefer to knock on the door to avoid waking up babies, etc. Also I want to know if someone is coming to the door, even if they are "just looking". It's a safety concern. And having a push notification is a very basic functionality that any basic cheap camera on the market has it. It simply has to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marcostgs
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using iOS 14 in iPhone XS Max.

I just tried logging out and deleting the app, reinstalled, log back in.

Still no notifications.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marcostgs,

Are you using iOS or Android? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app?

JamesC

marcostgs
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using iOS 14 in iPhone XS Max.

I just tried logging out and deleting the app, reinstalled, log back in.

Still no notifications.

marcostgs
Tutor
Tutor

Ok I solved one problem, and found another one.

I removed the Video Doorbell from my setup, and added it again, and now notifications are coming through. (by the way the process to re-add is very annoying, I can't skip all those steps and go straight to the "discover" screen).

But now activity zones are gone, even though the Video Doorbell is connected to power. Also one of my Ultra 4K cameras that is also connected to power also lost its activity zones.

Is the only way to get activity zones is through subscription!?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation