Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell not working. Won't recognize camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MikeEinDenver
Follower
Follower

I am so frustrated.  We had an electrician out and now trying to install application. It  chimes and then says it is searching for doorbell which is right in front of phone.  Then doesn't proceed. Spent the weekend watching numerous videos.  Went home for lunch.  Spent almost an hour on hold.  Then got through to customer service.  I was told that I would need to call Century Link and have service downgraded to 2.5?  We had massive problems before and had it upgraded to 5mg.  So after spending $199 plus tax on doorbell and paying electrician $200, we need to return doorbell or have our internet service downgraded?  This doesn't make sense to me.  Just feel like we are getting the run around.  Has anyone else experienced this?  What did they do?  

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Downgrading your service is the wrong thing to do - no idea why you were told that. 5Mbps is still pretty low - what's your upload speeds as measured by speedtest.net? Low speeds can cause issues but I wouldn't think initial setup would be a problem.

Exactly what have you tried? Did you try the reset procedure found in the FAQ in the support section here?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

How are you attempting to connect - via your home WiFi or to a base or hub?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation