Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell not in app but on wifi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JasonSk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having difficulties connecting my Arlo Video Doorbell. Yesterday I connected it during installation and got through firmware updates but never completed setup. Something wasn’t right when I returned so I deleted the device in the Arlo app and attempted to add it again. Even after resetting to factory settings, I am unable to add it again. Oddly, I see it in the list of devices connected to my router. So it is connected to my wi-fi, just not in the Arlo app.

Any ideas how I can get this to work again?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the doorbell from Settings, My Devices? Did you use the factory reset procedure found in the support FAQs here? It's also possible that your router is showing the doorbell's IP address from when it was originally connected - a reboot of the router would clear that.

JasonSk
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • The doorbell was removed from the Arlo settings.  It is completely gone from the app.  I only see our existing cameras and base connected in the app.
  • Doorbell was reset to factory settings based on FAQs.  I also attempted to reset holding both the factory reset button and the doorbell button down for 20 sec based on another recommendation.  It still did not help.
  • Router was restarted.

I also changed our wi-fi password, which allowed me to "forget the device" from our wi-fi device list.  But once I changed the password back, AVD1001 rejoined our wi-fi.

I tried to connect the doorbell while the wi-fi password was changed - but it still did not work.  Since it didn't work, I changed it back so I didn't have to reset every other device.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation