Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
nolan1123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, ive had the Video doorbell for about 2 months, at first it worked with Alexa as when someone would ring the doorbell, Alexa would make an announcement and a ring tone of my choosing. Now Alexa does not do this anymore. I didn't change anything in the Alexa or Arlo app. Ive researched all the troubleshooting articles and nothing works.

Is this a known issue? 

Anyone have a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with Arlo Video Doorbell announcing with Alexa.

JamesC

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Andyd92
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have the exact same issue. Video doorbell Alexa announcememts was working fine and now has suddenly stopped. It can only be a recent update which has broken it. I have tried removing the Arlo skill, delete the device and re add but does not work.
Marcel-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, this feature has stopped working when it was working previously.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andyd92
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm wondering if it is to do with the recent update which allows you to add the video doorbell to Arlo base station. I'm going to switch it over from WiFi to base station as I have cameras also and see if that makes a difference. Would be nice for Arlo to confirm this feature is broken and needs an update.
Marcel-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

@Andyd92 wrote:
I'm wondering if it is to do with the recent update which allows you to add the video doorbell to Arlo base station. I'm going to switch it over from WiFi to base station as I have cameras also and see if that makes a difference. Would be nice for Arlo to confirm this feature is broken and needs an update.

please reply back if this works.... thanks

Andyd92
Aspirant
Aspirant
I started to get announcements again for door bell press. I've not changed anything, maybe a firmware update? Are yours working again also??
Marcel-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, as a matter of fact i did today.  I did not do anything either... I agree maybe an update?

nolan1123
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be nice if Arlo support can answer if this has been corrected.

castellan88
Guide
Guide

My motion announcement was working and all of a sudden today stopped working, just like the replies on this thread. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, enabling/re-enabling the skill, nothing works.

The motion announcement is enabled in the Alexa app and the device is not on silent. The configuration all looks right in the Alexa App and Arlo. I'm thinking if it was working before and just stopped working, Arlo app might need an update?

joewebb82
Tutor
Tutor
Have exactly the same issue and tried everything too.
No announcements for the past few days so have had to revert back to digital chime.
Aside from this my video feed from the video doorbell (Arlo Pro cameras work fine) doesn't work on my Echo Show and Dot. It seems the integration between Arlo and Amazon seems as flaky as ever!
joewebb82
Tutor
Tutor
Once again the problem with the video feed seems to have come back (at least for me).
I am getting "Waiting for Arlo" when trying to show the video doorbell on Echo Show 5 and Echo Dot. Showing my Arlo Pro cameras works fine as it always has done.
I've tried changing the settings to 1080p, disabling and enabling the skill, removing and re-adding the device to Alexa... Nothing works.

Also, this week, my Echo devices have stopped announcing when the doorbell is pressed. This worked fine previously and there is a other post about that here:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-not-announcing-with-Alexa/m-p/...

I'm in the UK
Mike_Bellucci
Star
Star

I'm having the problem again also.  The video doorbell stopped announcing through Alexa devices.  

Marcel-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, same problem is back, i think it has to do with updates, please arlo, get this fixed

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

mgabreski
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with Arlo Pro 3s + Audio Doorbell. I used to have audio notifications, but I went through setup again which indicated live view announcements would be available on my Echo Show. Now nothing works - I am not receiving any announcements of any kind on any of my configured Echo devices.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue, and please invest more in the Alexa integration. Its a huge value add for the product and these reliability issues make me think I might be better off with one of the Amazon owned solutions like Ring.

Lfferg
Initiate
Initiate
Please help with this! My Alexa started a few days ago not announcing the doorbell. I’ve changed nothing and have tried the fixes others have noted and nothing. Please advise ASAP.
mmx800
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Alexa used to announce when the arlo video doorbell is pressed, but it suddenly stopped working a few days ago. I guess Arlo's update broke the function.

NYC-DanR
Aspirant
Aspirant

my first Video Doorbell worked perfectly, including the notifications via Alexa.   My second Video Doorbell works ...but does not provide notifications via Alexa.  I have reset it several times...but still unsuccessful with the connection to view and for notification.  Here is my Amazon feedback...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2OZIWJ22RB0NU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07YM...

joewebb82
Tutor
Tutor
Something must have been done as my Echo devices are now announcing a doorbell ring. Also, I can ask Alexa to show my video doorbell feed.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with Arlo Video Doorbell announcing with Alexa.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation