Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
sfulch01
Star
Star

Hi all, I have searched and found a few threads with this similar issue, but they were from 2021 or prior.  Every time I open my Arlo app, I get the "firmware has been updated" on only my video doorbell.  This doesn't happen on the rest of my cameras which are pro-3's(4 of them).  I have closed the app, removed/reinstalled the app, hard reboot of phone to no avail.  The only thing I haven't done yet is remove the camera and then re-add it back.  From what I saw in previous threads from 2021 with this same issue, none of the above seemed to fix the problem.  Looking for help/ideas on how to remedy.  The camera still works and functions as normal, as does the app except for the firmware update message that displays multiple times whenever the app is opened.

Current setup:

Arlo doorbell camera

Firmware: 1.17.0.0_1407_6f0b9c9_1c1a749

Hardware: 1.2

Arlo App on iPhone:

Version: 4.1(5991)

Released: Jan 27, 2003

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sfulch01
Star
Star

Agreed.  Arlo has released a newer firmware update since the start of this post. I assume this fixed the issue. 

new firmware is:

1.17.1.0_1440_cf4d59a_1c1a749

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something to try before deleting the doorbell from your account and re-adding it would be to turn power off to the transformer via the circuitbreaker and then back on to see if the reboot helps.

sfulch01
Star
Star

Thank you for the suggestion, I did not think of that.  I will try that when I get home and report back. 

sfulch01
Star
Star

I killed the power for a minute and then turned it back on.  Still same results.  Good suggestion though, I appreciate it.

I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't seem to be a large issue although it does pop up from time to time. If removing and re-adding the doorbell doesn't fix this, use Settings, Support to choose the doorbell and get options to open a case.

sfulch01
Star
Star

Will do, really appreciate the suggestions.  I will report back with my findings.

sfulch01
Star
Star

removing the camera and adding it back did not fix the problem.  Will be opening a support case.

GlennH
Initiate
Initiate

I'm experiencing the same issue with Arlo App version 4.0.4.  The issue has been happening for a couple of weeks now.  Oddly enough, however, since the issue began, my Arlo solar panel has been consistently charging my camera battery whereas prior to this issue, it was very inconsistent.  Just my observation.

sfulch01
Star
Star

Arlo support recommended removing the camera from the app, then resetting the doorbell camera back to factory default and then set it back up and readd to the app.  
Haven’t done this yet but will report back once I do.  

This has been an ongoing issue for a few years now with different firmware versions of the camera and the app itself from other threads I’ve found. 

Not sure why Arlo can’t fix this via software/firmware updates?

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here for a couple of weeks now. Same device (doorbell), hardware, firmware and app version as your post. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I have not tried removing and re-adding the device within the app. Maybe that's next. Thanks!

sfulch01
Star
Star

Removing the camera and then adding it back didn’t work for me.  

support suggested setting the camer back to factory default using the pin in the back and then setting it up again.  I haven’t done that yet.  Was hoping they would realize there is a software issue here. 

Fye
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having the same problem. Video door bell says firmware has been updated everytime I oldn the application. I gave try suggestion list in this thread. Nothing works.

BD123
Initiate
Initiate

Same exact problem here. Super annoying!! Please post if y’all find a fix. Thx!

JC-2010
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here.  App version 4.1 (5991). 

Granty-NZ
Tutor
Tutor

I have 4x Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight cameras  and the Arlo Smarthub Base Station. All devices are updated to the latest version. 
I get ‘Firmware has been updated’ on every camera when I open the iOS app.  This flashes through the app a couple of times for all cameras and then I’m able to view my cameras. It’s very annoying and has been doing this since the last firmware update in January 2023. 
if I flick to another app on my phone to quickly check something then come back to the Arlo app, it again goes through the ‘Firmware has been updated’ again. 
Nothing has worked with trying to fix this. I’m almost at the point of changing to another brand. No one seems to be able to give a fix that works. 

Current setup:

4x Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight

Firmware: 

1.080.18.6_66_bda8d63

Hardware: H3

Basestation

Firmware: 

1.20.6.0_1323_24cf271

Hardware: VMB4540г3

Arlo App on iPhone:

Version: 4.1(5991)

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor

Wow, now I almost consider myself lucky as it's only the doorbell with this issue for me. I also have 3 Pro 3's outside and 3 Q's inside. The doorbell and Pro 3's are on the hub, the Q's are not. They all upgraded fine except one Q that "hung" during the firmware upgrade (although it's in the garage and it was very cold at the time), so I had to do a factory reset and add it back to the app, but all is good after that. Thanks for sharing!

sfulch01
Star
Star

Yes, this is definitely a wide spread issue.  Not sure why they can't fix instead of telling us to factory reset the devices.

Weak response for quite an expensive security product line IMO.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor

Just FYI, I've not been seeing this issue for the past few days...

sfulch01
Star
Star

Agreed.  Arlo has released a newer firmware update since the start of this post. I assume this fixed the issue. 

new firmware is:

1.17.1.0_1440_cf4d59a_1c1a749

GlennH
Initiate
Initiate

The issue does seem to have been fixed, because I have not been seeing the firmware messages for the past few days. 

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation