Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo Video Doorbell and subscribed to the Arlo Secure plan. The camera was recording motion events during the time of my trial, however, now that the trial is expired, the camera is not showing up in my Arlo Secure plan and I am not getting recorded events.

I've tried some of the community suggestions of going to the site via browser and in the app and seeing if I can drag the camera into the plan, however, that option is not available. Does anyone know how to add my video doorbell, which is working, to the plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Support got back to me and the below suggestion solved the issue:

Please do the following steps below to fix this:

1. Log into the app and go to devices-my devices-select the camera you want to remove and read (only 1 camera)

2. select camera and under settings-select option to remove

3. manually reset device by holding sync button for 15 secs until flashing amber

4. Click add new device-follow the in-app and the app will say the camera is found, and the plan will be automatically added.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be clear, you have a current Arlo Secure plans, not an older legacy plan, correct?

With the new plans you don't have the option to drag cameras into the subscription because the plans are for unlimited cameras and it happens automatically. The legacy plans required that you drag cameras into the plan because those plans were limited as to the number of cameras.

Are you getting notifications of activity? Can you manually record from a live view session?

bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is correct, in the past 3 month I bought this camera and subscribed to the Arlo Secure single camera plan.

I am getting notifications of activity. I don't see an option to manually record from a live session. I also don't see events from notifications recorded when I go to "feed" after the trial subscription expired.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bdgentile wrote:

That is correct, in the past 3 month I bought this camera and subscribed to the Arlo Secure single camera plan.

I am getting notifications of activity. I don't see an option to manually record from a live session. I also don't see events from notifications recorded when I go to "feed" after the trial subscription expired.

Did you purchase the subscription from the same account that has the doorbell installed?

bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, I sure did. In my Arlo app I can see "plans", clicking on that shows "Arlo Secure Single Camera" with "0 device(s) participating". I also see under "Devices", "Video Doorbell" which is the one providing notifications but no recordings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bdgentile wrote:

Yep, I sure did. In my Arlo app I can see "plans", clicking on that shows "Arlo Secure Single Camera" with "0 device(s) participating". I also see under "Devices", "Video Doorbell" which is the one providing notifications but no recordings.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) to call their attention to your issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bdgentile 

Thank you for providing this info, I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

TaylorPowers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I ask a question about it?

bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

Feel free, ask away

bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Support got back to me and the below suggestion solved the issue:

Please do the following steps below to fix this:

1. Log into the app and go to devices-my devices-select the camera you want to remove and read (only 1 camera)

2. select camera and under settings-select option to remove

3. manually reset device by holding sync button for 15 secs until flashing amber

4. Click add new device-follow the in-app and the app will say the camera is found, and the plan will be automatically added.

Decatur
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it better to wait until the free trail expires, then add secure plan? If have days left on trail will those be loosed when subscribe to a plan?

bdgentile
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you’d like to save a little money then yes. Subscribing before then end of the trial didn’t cut my trial short, it just was a kind of waste of money to subscribe before the trial expired

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation