Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MSP81
Follower
Follower

I pre ordered and received the new Arlo video doorbell. I am very impressed with the build quality, camera quality and motion sensing capability.

However, I am unable to integrate the camera with SmartThings. It does not appear to be an option. Is there a way to integrate the camera with SmartThings.

Also, the inability for the video doorbell to work with the Arlo chime is ridiculous.

I am also unable to integrate it Apple home.

Additionally, Arlo stopped working with Alexa Show. When will the Alexa show feature be fixed?

Are the missing integrations planned? If not than I will need to return the device as it does not meet my needs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSP81,

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JDobber
Tutor
Tutor

So I've been waiting for this product for some time. While I am disappointed I cannot tie it to my Pro 2 base station, I understand the limitation given the desire for a prolonged revenue stream. Will this independent subscription requirement also prevent future HomeKit integration? I could stomach a small fee, but no HomeKit makes this product a non starter for me. Can we ever expect the Video Doorbell to integrate into HomeKit? Are there plans, or does the current revenue model make this impossible?

I would also like to see some type of one-time lifetime subscription possibility for these type of subscription models.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSP81,

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

JamesC

Elboydo
Guide
Guide
Support of IFTTT would also be a benefit
Tseyvar
Star
Star

I currently have 7 of the pro 2 cameras and 8 of the lights (and plan on getting more), and I love them and use them all of the time. I have multiple routines set up through smartthings and webcore so these cameras and lights interact with my other smart home products. I also have a subscription through Arlo and have all of my recording and light routines set up through the Arlo app.

With the Arlo video doorbell not being accessible to these other apps (I am more than fine paying for a subscription for recording and other functions, I love how I am able to have interior house lights turn on with motion, or even get a speaker to play a dog bark when motion is detected) this doorbell will unfortunately be a pass for me until it is usable. I currently have a different brand doorbell that I can tie in with smartthings and webcore, and will gladly and quickly switch to this one whenever this is possible.

Triscuits
Guide
Guide
Is there a plan to make the video doorbell available in SmartThings? I know this answer is now about a month or so old, and I just purchased the video doorbell. So before I return it, I wanted to give Arlo a chance to add this device like they have their others to SmartThings.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation