Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-Free (Plus cameras)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DiggerTom
Tutor
Tutor

I no longer have a problem with my Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-Free. After much discussion with the community (thanks everyone) and after many trials and errors, I sort of solved the problem or it solved itself. I thought I would post what I did in case anyone else had the same problem.

The problem used to be re-installing the doorbell, which I was having to remove and charge manually. After re-inserting the battery the system would not recognise it, only the cameras. I eventually re-set the system and the doorbell was installed easily. The problem was having recognised the doorbell, it would not recognise the cameras. I seemed to have two probabilities: either working cameras and no doorbell or working doorbell and no cameras. I did this several times with the same results.

I reset the system yet again and the doorbell was recognised instantly, with no installation required. The cameras were then installed with no problem. So I had (and still have) a fully working system again. Why it suddenly started working again I do not know, but fingers crossed. So if at first (second, third and fourth) you don’t succeed, try again and again and again. I am still mystified as to what went wrong.

1 REPLY 1
david723
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DiggerTom wrote:

I no longer have a problem with my Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-Free. After much discussion with the community (thanks everyone) and after many trials and errors, I sort of solved the problem or it solved itself. I thought I would post what I did in case anyone else had the same problem.

usps tracking

The problem used to be re-installing the doorbell, which I was having to remove and charge manually. After re-inserting the battery the system would not recognise it, only the cameras. I eventually re-set the system and the doorbell was installed easily. The problem was having recognised the doorbell, it would not recognise the cameras. I seemed to have two probabilities: either working cameras and no doorbell or working doorbell and no cameras. I did this several times with the same results.

I reset the system yet again and the doorbell was recognised instantly, with no installation required. The cameras were then installed with no problem. So I had (and still have) a fully working system again. Why it suddenly started working again I do not know, but fingers crossed. So if at first (second, third and fourth) you don’t succeed, try again and again and again. I am still mystified as to what went wrong.

Thank you so much for great Insight and thorough information. Your perseverance and problem-solving skills are truly commendable! Despite the challenges you faced with your Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-Free, you didn’t give up. Instead, you patiently tried different solutions until you found one that worked.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation