Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo Video Doorbell Traditional Chime Menu Showing Not Connected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Funcini
Initiate
Initiate

Installed my video doorbell and everything was working great.

Couple of weeks go by and I noticed I could no longer change the Mechanical Chime (hardwired to the doorbell) on and off.

The "Traditional Chime" menu in the iOS app was showing "Not Connected"

The only way to resolve this was logging into my Arlo account with my PC web browser and changing the setting there.

The doorbell works again and now the app is displaying the menu.

Hope this helps someone else from wasting hours of time troubleshooting.

Model: AVD1001 | Arlo Video Doorbell
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Funcini,

Thanks for sharing this information with the community.

Does the mobile app still show your chime as not connected or did changing the setting on PC allow it to display correctly?

JamesC

Synapse120
Initiate
Initiate

I was facing the same issue as the original poster and his solution solved my problem.  I can confirm the app on the smartphone now shows it set to mechanical that i set from the web interface

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Rieker
Initiate
Initiate

I had same issue. I turned off the mechanical chime using the app.  I was not to turn it back on using the app.  I had to use a PC to access the account and was able to turn it back on. My app now shows the mechanical chime on. 

Funcini
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Using the web browser on my PC, I'm able to set the chime to mechanical. If I log back into the app on my phone, the correct menu displays, but only temporarily.

If I set the chime back to none using the app, and then close the app, the chime shows "not connected" when I log back into the app. I have to repeat the process in the web browser on my PC to fix this.

Given some of the other replies to my post, it appears others are experiencing this issue. I was able to reproduce the glitch several times in the past month or two. Can you please escalate this issue to the app development team and fix in one of the next updates? 

Working from home, we receive lots of packages throughout the day and the chime can be disruptive during business calls. I'd really like to be able to turn on,  and off, and on, the chime from my app. Thank you and happy new year.

abeier
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried all your suggestions and still can not change the ‘Traditional Chime’.  It says ‘Not Connected’ on my iPhone, iPad, and web server on me PC.  I only recently purchased the doorbell and the option of Traditional Chime has never been available to change?

Are there any suggestions?

hobnobazog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue, I could not change the setting for chime on Android or PC. I ended up removing and re-adding the doorbell to Arlo and I was able to set the chime there. Pain in the butt but it worked.

Model: AVD1001 | Arlo Video Doorbell
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation