Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
R-Osigs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed an Arlo Video Doorbell to replace my Audio Doorbell + Arlo Pro 2 camera setup at my front door.
The video doorbell works great during the day, but after dark it fails to switch into night vision. There is some street lighting within the camera’s field of vision, but that was never an issue the Arlo Pro 2 in the same location (or with any of my other Pro 2’s with lighting within their range).
Is there a light sensitivity setting (or any other related setting) that can be adjusted? Or could it be an issue just with this particular unit?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
R-Osigs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi StephenB,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Under the doorbell’s video settings (scrolling down past the brightness setting) there is an option to turn on/off the night vision, similar as other camera models.
I played with it on/off a few times tonight, unsuccessfully.

Finally, I opted to reset the doorbell all together (scroll all the way down on the doorbell settings window and you’ll find the reset button). It took a few minutes to come back online, but it solved the issue!

Note: I reseted the doorbell at night time, so it came online automatically in night vision mode.

Also, you mentioned the doorbell having color night-vision. However I think the doorbell uses regular black/white night vision as the Arlo Pro 2’s.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think you can turn off color nightvision with the video doorbell (at least I'm not seeing it in my settings).

That said, the thresholds work well with my own doorbell.  So there might be something going on with your unit.

R-Osigs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi StephenB,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Under the doorbell’s video settings (scrolling down past the brightness setting) there is an option to turn on/off the night vision, similar as other camera models.
I played with it on/off a few times tonight, unsuccessfully.

Finally, I opted to reset the doorbell all together (scroll all the way down on the doorbell settings window and you’ll find the reset button). It took a few minutes to come back online, but it solved the issue!

Note: I reseted the doorbell at night time, so it came online automatically in night vision mode.

Also, you mentioned the doorbell having color night-vision. However I think the doorbell uses regular black/white night vision as the Arlo Pro 2’s.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@R-Osigs wrote:

Yes.  But no other low-light video controls.

@R-Osigs wrote:

Certainly there is no setting for it.  Mine records in color when the porch light is on, and switches to normal night-vision when it turns off.

FWIW, I find the low-light thresholds on the Pro-3 and Ultra to be somewhat too low - they often switch out of Nightvision mode when I'd rather they stayed in Nightvision mode.  I haven't seen that on the doorbell, so whatever they are doing is working for me.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation