Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Babb
Follower
Follower

I have 6 arlo cameras outside of our house. So, I was excited to try the video doorbell. It initially installed fairly easy and worked great for about 6 weeks. Then there was a problem with our WiFi and we lost connection. I tried everything that was

suggested, read on line suggestions and spent endless hours on the phone with a tech. But, still it would not reconnect.

It would not re scan the bar code. 

I finally decided to take it down and send it back. I called and spent more time on the phone trying to get it returned.

All I can get is a run a round and never could get a return address.

So, after talking to a tech again, who also could not tell me the return address, I am going to chuck it.

Look into replacing all my cameras, because they have horrible customer service!

I will be sure that I let anyone who cares to hear, what I think of Arlo AND THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Case Number:41446598

4 REPLIES 4
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

I assume you called Arlo's Customer Service by calling <REDACTED - NOT THE ARLO SUPPORT NUMBER>?
Did support run you through doing a hard reset on the Video Doorbell? The reason I ask is because that usually resolves almost any issue unless the device is truly defective. I personally have yet to have any issues onboarding the Video Doorbell and I did beta test it through many firmware updates as well as several hard resets.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

NO! No ! No! That 800 number is NOT arlo support which is found at 1 (408) 638 3750 (click on the Contact Support link at the bottom here and get the proper phone number for your country).

I've had to reset the doorbell a couple of times which didn't always take the first time.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary
Yes I see.
United States contact information:
1 (408) 638 3750
I also see in the return section.
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/online-store/termsofsale.aspx#returns
Contact our Customer Support team for RMA authorization

The return authorization number must first be obtained from Arlo's Customer Service by calling 1-866-703-7170, 6:00AM to 6:00PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Babb,

Factory reset instructions for the Arlo Video Doorbell can be found here: How do I reset my Arlo Video Doorbell?

Are you able to confirm this step has been attempted?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation