Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
UnderDogNels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all Arlo Users. Super happy with my Arlo Ultra system running. However, I just received the Arlo Video Doorbell and is it me or does the video doorbell disconnect roughly 5 seconds of answering the doorbell alert on your mobile device.

Every time I answer my phone after the doorbell links to my phone, it cuts out as soon as I say hello. There are no firmware updates nor any discussions opened about this topic. I am just on the verge of thinking I received a defective doorbell or thinking there's no way Arlo would create this setup for a doorbell. There is not even enough time for the person on the other side of the doorbell to answer once I acknowledge them.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, this shouldn't be happening. I would start by disconnecting power and power up again to see if that helps. If not, try removing the doorbell from your account and re-add it. If still a problem, I'd swap at the store.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UnderDogNels,

What mobile device are you using (model and OS version)?

JamesC

Hogman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue with new video doorbell, running on Apple phone and iPad current 13.3 os. 

UnderDogNels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC,
I am using Android.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UnderDogNels,

A firmware update was released for Arlo Video Doorbell resolving several bugs improving stability and performance.

Arlo Video Doorbell - AVD1001 -1.14.0.0_436_2024c80_f57463b 28th January 2020

Are you still experiencing issues after this update?

JamesC

UnderDogNels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samsung - Android
UnderDogNels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samsung-Android
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes