Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Knowles24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo wired doorbell camera and I switched providers and went to reset my camera. When it find the device I get that error code and then it won’t find the device.

61 REPLIES 61
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message by chance? 

Knowles24
Aspirant
Aspirant

ED73AD26-F3D1-49F7-A993-867782D5EB88.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a mesh network? Does your network Name and password contain a space or special characters?

Knowles24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have a mesh network, I have the Eero Pro 6, I fixed and was able to get it to connect. I went into the network settings and turned off Thread.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Jimleg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I’m having this same issue, I’ve been trying it for days as it says to try again later but no change. Can you tell me how to overcome the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jimleg

Did the camera drop offline or did you remove It? 

Bmowksi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a mesh network and I am getting the same error code that is pictured in this thread. How do I fix it? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bmowksi 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Bmowksi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone using the Arlo app version 4.1.  I haven't done much troubleshooting to make it work. I have the chime in the same room as one of my hubs.    For the mesh network I am using the Deco 9 and there is no special characters in the name. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is security set to WPA2 (AES)?

Also, any special characters in the wifi password?

Bmowksi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this is set to WPA2.  No there are no special characters in the password as I have read sometimes that messes with connecting devices. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you disable 5 Ghz wifi in the mesh (temporarily) to try onboarding w/o it?

TrumanE
Aspirant
Aspirant

The doorbell led will not illuminate I have changed providers, connected Arlo to the network. Doorbell is wired. Tried reset button. No result

TrumanE
Aspirant
Aspirant

No space or special characters

TrumanE
Aspirant
Aspirant

No error code, just dead doorbell. Followed instructions to disconnect and reconnect as new device. Pushed reset button on door bell. No result

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TrumanE 

Does the doorbell power on?

Mandild
Initiate
Initiate

9328A921-81FB-4863-B668-81E4B65A2730.jpeg

One of the cameras would not return online after removing it to charge. Every time I go through the process of adding the camera the app will find it and I can get as far as naming the camera and then this error message pops up. Any idea what is causing the issue and how to fix it? I’ve tried multiple times and always get the same error. I’ve also tried resetting the camera and all other “help” articles found in support. 

BAgrcp
Aspirant
Aspirant

EF9A47B1-8F52-415C-BEE8-35931B17BF9D.jpeg

I’m having this exact same issue with my Arlo Q cameras. No issues previously but now both are gone from my network and every time I try to re-add them, I get all the way through naming them and then get this error. Absolutely infuriating, have spent over three hours trying to get at least *one* of my two cameras to work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't need to remove the camera for charging. Remove it from the mount, yes, but not your account.

Since you're stuck, make sure the camera is not in your account anymore and then reset the camera:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Mandild
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, thanks for responding. The device is not removed from the account to charge, just from the mount. Sorry for not being clear. It has, however, been removed from the account since we have started trying to troubleshoot the issue. I’ve reset it multiple times and still get the error message in the photo above after we hit submit on the page that asks to name the camera. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app? It may also be worth trying the web client (my.arlo.com).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BAgrcp 

Have you tried to factory reset the cameras before trying to add them? 

BAgrcp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes; I've gone through the reset process at least five times with each camera.