Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell - AVD1001 No lights, doesn't work at all and never has

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tammolr
Follower
Follower

I purchased an Arlo wired video door bell camera through Amazon.  It will not light up, I have tried all the suggestions and have bought a new transformer, new chime, had an electrician come and ensure there is electricity going the the door bell but it does not light up.  I can not speak someone because I am not willing pay for customer support.  We had an illness in my immediate family and did not get around to installing the door bell until last month.  Since then the customer service is non existent through Arlo.  

Amazon said the door bell is still under warranty but can't in touch with anyone to return it because I haven't paid Arlo for their customer service on a product that has never worked.  Has anyone had success in returning a dead product under warranty? 

I have Arlo cameras and never had any issues with them but after this run around for a product that is under warranty I may move to a product that actually offers real customer support for their products.  This has been so unbelievably frustrating.  

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tammolr,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

SteveSudhoff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a similar problem with a wired video doorbell. Arlo did send me a replacement, free of charge, no shipping cost. I bought mine directly from Arlo -- warning, you need to speak to someone to escalate to Level 2 support (= Level 1 will go talk to Level 2 and Level 2 will send you a form email which vaguely addresses possible issues -- you can't actually talk to Level 2) -- chat is utterly useless.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation