Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bashor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an issue where our doorbell only turns on in the late afternoon.  The rest of the time it doesn’t have any lights on at all, and appears offline in the app. It looks exactly like the issue reported here . It looks like there was a firmware fix for that, I’d appreciate the same!

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bashor 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Bashor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried resetting the doorbell, upgrading the firmware, I also uninstalled it from the wiring and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to work.

I get a lot of notifications in the afternoon saying "Tamper detected."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The tamper message is due to power being too low or being disconnected. I'd suggest testing the voltage with a voltmeter at the doorbell. It likely would be a transformer issue meaning it should be replaced with one that supports what Arlo requires. That should solve all issues.

Bashor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I'll try that. I feel like it's unlikely since the doorbell worked just fine for well over a year before this came up. We haven't added any other devices to the low-voltage circuit.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation