Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell - Wireless & Multiple Installation

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I had a friend that's going to do the install of the video doorbell say he saw a wired and wireless version.  I've only seen the wired version listed on the site.  Is there a wireless option?

I'm planning on having 2 installed - anyone install two and are there any issues?  I saw the discussion that it doesn't currently tie into the Arlo camera app, but was hoping that you could view multiple doorbell cameras. 

Thanks!

Kelly

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The video doorbell is wired and uses your transformer to run it. The audio doorbell uses batteries but can attach to your existing chime via the existing wires. That doesn't power the doorbell, however.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

Adding to what jguerdat mentions here about the Arlo Video Doorbell vs the Arlo Audio Doorbell, both doorbells use the same Arlo mobile app that Arlo cameras use. If using multiple Arlo Video Doorbells, they all can be viewed through the same Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you both! 

Kelly

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice
I do not have an existing doorbell wired . Can this be used wirelessly?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jkmail,

Arlo Video Doorbell connects wirelessly to your 2.4GHz home network but must be hardwired for power and used with an existing chime to sound doorbell presses.

JamesC

Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

@friesian49   I would also suggest that you check the AC power rating of your transformer (VA rating).  The Arlo Video Doorbell requires 16 - 24 VAC, with 10VA minimum.  If powering two video doorbells from the same transformer, I would recommend upgrading your transformer to 30VA, and still meet the 16 - 24VAC voltage.

friesian49
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Neal, appreciate the feedback!  I really do like having the doorbell, I have too many animals and wildlife so I haven't turned on motion sensor on the cameras.  So I get to see how many times the cats run across the porch or the deer walk by!!

Kelly

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation