Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell Traditional Chime shows "Not Connected"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
traxbe
Follower
Follower

I changed the "Traditional Chime" setting in the Arlo app for my wired Arlo doorbell camera.  Now it is showing as "Not Connected" in the app.  When I log into the camera via a web browser it shows as "Disconnected."  This camera has been working fine for the past year until I changed this setting.  Now the doorbell doesn't ring.

Please help, and thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Darthpeanut89
Initiate
Initiate

Other articles I've read suggest going in to the app and removing the doorbell and adding it back should solve the problem. But not sure. Ran into this exact issue on mine. Seems there are endless articles dating back to 2021 that discuss this issue but this seems to be the only fix if it's similar. They claim updated firmware fixed the issue but mines up to date and still happened. Sounds like they have a product breaking bug and the resolution isn't " let's fix our software" it's " let the customer keep re-adding the camera ". Always sign of a great company. Let the customer keep fixing your mistake.

c0d3x
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, must have been an app update that broke this feature.

Because it was working fine just weeks ago, and I have been on latest firmware for over a year!

Now people are ringing my doorbell, and I dont notice unless I am with my phone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@c0d3x Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

PSM59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Instead of simply telling people to reach out to Arlo support, can’t a proper solution be published here?  I have found this to be a lesson in futility and I’m thinking of dumping my Arlo products for a Ring system.  I have a friend who has Ring and he has had very few issues…this is crazy!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @PSM59 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? Are you having an issue with the doorbell as well? 

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation