Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base VMB-300 with Wired Doorbell AVD1001

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KMcGillivray
Follower
Follower

I own the Arlo Base VMB-3000 with five (5) wireless cameras. I just bought the Arlo Wired AVD1001 Video Doorbell and it states that "A newer Arlo SmartHub or Base Station is required to add a Essential Video Doorbell Camera."  I would rather try to return the new doorbell or buy a used (newer model) base station.  Does anyone know the model number of cameras that work with the 3000 OR the model number of the base stations that work with the AVD1001 doorbell?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KMcGillivray wrote:

Does anyone know the model number of cameras that work with the 3000 OR the model number of the base stations that work with the AVD1001 doorbell?  

See this:

@KMcGillivray wrote:

I own the Arlo Base VMB-3000 with five (5) wireless cameras. I just bought the Arlo Wired AVD1001 Video Doorbell and it states that "A newer Arlo SmartHub or Base Station is required to add a Essential Video Doorbell Camera."  

You will need a subscription for the AVD1001 to get any cloud storage for it, and if you don't get the subscription when the trial ends, then you will lose the 7-day cloud storage you have for your existing cameras.  That is because there is (and always has been) a 5-camera limit per account for the free cloud storage.

Note you don't need to add the doorbell to your base station, you can connect it directly to your home wifi.  So I'd do that first, and then see if you want to upgrade the base later on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KMcGillivray wrote:

Does anyone know the model number of cameras that work with the 3000 OR the model number of the base stations that work with the AVD1001 doorbell?  

See this:

@KMcGillivray wrote:

I own the Arlo Base VMB-3000 with five (5) wireless cameras. I just bought the Arlo Wired AVD1001 Video Doorbell and it states that "A newer Arlo SmartHub or Base Station is required to add a Essential Video Doorbell Camera."  

You will need a subscription for the AVD1001 to get any cloud storage for it, and if you don't get the subscription when the trial ends, then you will lose the 7-day cloud storage you have for your existing cameras.  That is because there is (and always has been) a 5-camera limit per account for the free cloud storage.

Note you don't need to add the doorbell to your base station, you can connect it directly to your home wifi.  So I'd do that first, and then see if you want to upgrade the base later on.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation