Arlo AVD1001 wired video doorbell firmware will not update

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mrod817
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo AVD1001 wired video doorbell is stuck on firmware 1.20.1.0_3_3814168_06b57e7, and when you go into the settings to check the firmware, it says, "No updates available."  Anyway to force an update / manually update without removing the doorbell from my account?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Firmware is not always available in all regions at the same time. Your device will automatically update to latest firmware version available overnight once the release is available in your region.

JamesC

Freestyle22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have that same firmware on my avd1001, is there supposed to be an update to that firmware coming? My doorbell started acting up about 10 days ago so I removed it from the network and re-added it. Now it isn't seeing barely anything passing by and it's not alerting me, it was previously picking up everything. And now I also get a pixelated and slightly stuttering live view too. It worked flawlessly for the past year. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

After you removed the doorbell and added it back, did you also add rules for it in your various modes?

Freestyle22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the help!

I only have the one Arlo doorbell installed. I made sure the mode is armed. I never needed to use rules with only one doorbell. Smart notifications are all enabled. And I never needed any activity zones because the camera would pick up everything and alert me. I even tried putting an activity zone yesterday and got no alerts even with it enabled.

Plus none of those things are causing my live view to be pixelated and stuttery I don't think. It's all hooked up with a wifi 6 router with satellite so the speed and connection hasn't changed since a week ago. None of this makes sense other than Arlo changed something on their end. 

jacenpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a problem with terrible pixelation at night since this firmware update and it seems to be the latest version.  Is there a new update coming?

Freestyle22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope so! I'm having the same problem. Along with barely any alerts.

Freestyle22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, 

I have a question. It seems multiple people here and online are facing the same problems with sudden pixelation and the camera not sensing everything and alerting us like it previously did. All complaints with these problems are starting about 10-14 days ago. Does Arlo know this is happening? Or did they change something in the firmware or app?

I have been working with customer service but they have offered me 30% off of the 2nd gen doorbell twice now. I have 2 avd1001 and one 2001 doorbell I just bought within the last year and two of them are new unopened in the box. Are the avd1001 series being phased out? I'm using wifi 6.

As it stands the doorbell was completely fantastic until these problems started. Now they are practically unusable. If you have any info or help it would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation