Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001 - incorrect voltage at doorbell leads cannot install

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloUser3242
Follower
Follower

help! 🙂 i just installed a new 16VAC/30VA transformer and new 16VAC chime box.. i get the correct voltage at the transformer (around 17.6~) but no voltage at the chime box? how is that possible? and the doorbell leads at the doorbell button only show .3 ~ 1.8 or 2.0 volts?? the Arlo never even turns on with this voltage (obviously) but - the old doorbell worked perfectly with the new chime and transformer right before i installed the Arlo- how is this? 

How much voltage should there be at the Chime box? mine shows none - and the old doorbell worked - granted this was a 30 year old wiring that i have updated but left the original wiring in-tact.

i am about to take this one back to BestBuy and just go with wireless version as there are no other instructions from Arlo on my problem - and i wasn't even able to add a support plan to get live support as i cannot install the video doorbell in the first place to get my account up.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUser3242 wrote:

the old doorbell worked perfectly with the new chime and transformer right before i installed the Arlo- how is this? 

If you put the old doorbell back, does it still work?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation