Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chornung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changed WiFi modem, and have changed Android phone to use 2.4 GHz. Used Arlo app to disconnect from old network and now no devices are showing (doorbell is my only device). When I press doorbell, there is no ring but the button flashes/pulses white. Where do I access the QR code in the Arlo app so it can scan for the new network? Thanks!!    ~Carol

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chornung wrote:

Where do I access the QR code in the Arlo app so it can scan for the new network?

The app should create the QR code when you try to re-add the doorbell. 

chornung
Aspirant
Aspirant

MORE DETAIL: My AVD1001 doorbell had been working, but I changed WiFi router, and now I only get pulsing white button with no ringing.  Selecting "Add New Device" just takes me through all the setup/installation steps, and ends up with pulsing white ring button.

Android phone is set to 2.4 GHz. How do I get Arlo to recognize new network?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chornung wrote:

MORE DETAIL: My AVD1001 doorbell had been working, but I changed WiFi router, and now I only get pulsing white button with no ringing.  Selecting "Add New Device" just takes me through all the setup/installation steps, and ends up with pulsing white ring button.

Android phone is set to 2.4 GHz. How do I get Arlo to recognize new network?

Did you get to the point in the installation when the app asked you for your network name and passphrase?  After that it should have generated a QR code that you would put in front of the doorbell's camera.

Also - when you added the device, did you choose "wired doorbell" or "wire-free doorbell"?  You have the wired model.

chornung
Aspirant
Aspirant
<<Did you get to the point in the installation when the app asked you for your network name and passphrase?>> No. Selecting "Add New Device" just takes me through all the setup/installation steps, and ends up with pulsing white ring button, and no ring sounds when pressed.

At the end of all the installation steps (which I don't need), it asks if light turned solid white. I tap "No, I saw something else" (circle button light/status LEDs are flashing white = "discovering a WiFi network").  Next instructions (WiFi wasn't found - what do I do) assume I hear a chime when pressed (which I don't - only flashing LEDs).

- Doorbell is not currently connected to any network, and I do not see any option to "Connect Network" in Arlo Settings.

- WiFi signal is only abt 6' from doorbell and strong for laptop, cell phone, etc.

- Mobile cell phone is connected to 2.4Gz WiFi.

- "Wired" was selected from the beginning. Everything was working fine until I needed to change to new network. During process of pressing reset pin, I didn't realize cell phone was set to 5GHz, which was why Arlo was not recognizing QR code. At that point, I disconnected doorbell from network, thinking that would help. Then realized phone needed to be changed to 2.4GHz, which is where things stand now.

Stephen, thanks for sticking with me on this - I'm really stumped!!       ~Carol
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

My normal approach when upgrading routers is to configure the router to match the old one's wifi. 

@chornung wrote:
During process of pressing reset pin, I didn't realize cell phone was set to 5GHz, which was why Arlo was not recognizing QR code.

Actually if you have the same network name/passphrase on both bands (which is almost always the case with new routers), then it should work.

The puzzle here is that Arlo doesn't provide a step-by-step of the install, and it's been some years since I onboarded my own doorbells.  I don't remember the exact sequence of steps, and they might well have changed them since I on-boarded.

You could maybe try one more reset, and if that fails again you'll probably need to contact support.

chornung
Aspirant
Aspirant
chornung
Aspirant
Aspirant

If doorbell is correctly wired and live, with white LEDs flashing, but not connected to any WiFi, should chime ring?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation