Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001 - Randomly dings but sends no notifications to my phone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NearbyJungle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware: 1.14.0.0_721_bb2ff33_e

AVD1001Ar1.2

Arlo Video Doorbell has been functioning perfectly for the last 10 months.  About 2 weeks ago, the mechanical doorbell that the Arlo device is setup inside started randomly dinging (half chime)  Sometimes is dings once, twice or multiple times.  There doesn't appear to be any reason to it.  When the ding happens, I receive no notifications on my phone and I can view the video and see that there is no one at the door. Should I ring the doorbell, it functions normally and calls my phone.

One potential observation could be that in the last 2x weeks, I installed LED Christmas lights that come on in the evening and steadily on throughout the evening. (Ie. no lighting pattern or flashing)  The dinging appears to correlate to when the Christmas lights are on and have not noticed the ding outside that window.  One theory I have is that the operating frequency of LED light bulbs on a garage door opener causes the garage door to not operate properly and wondering if the electrical interference is impacting the doorbell operation.

Of note, my installation includes the power kit and my doorbell transformer output is 18.6VAC.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NearbyJungle,

Because the LED Christmas lights installation lines up with when the issue started, are you able to disable those temporarily to isolate the issue? Does this issue still occur when the lights are disabled?

JamesC

NearbyJungle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Made the noise when the LED Christmas lights were not on

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation