Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001 Doorbell stops suddenly after 3 years

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LMREA
Aspirant
Aspirant

purchased wired doorbell and 3 cameras in 2021.  The doorbell Worked flawlessly until mid-january 2024. The cameras continue to work just fine.   Since then I have done every step support has asked me to complete.  voltage is good, etc etc.  jumped through all their hoops.  still it could not find the doorbell.  sent back my doorbell and they replaced with another.  This time it was able to find the doorbell and went all the to a firmware update which it could not complete.  then went offline.  Now I am having the same problem.  I noticed that my app was updated with version 4.11.2 (7240) Jan 17, 2024 which is about the same time the doorbell went offline.  Any correlation here?  I simply cannot call the support line again......I just end up getting frustrated with their scripted responses.  I am thinking about dumping my whole Arlo system and subscription and starting with something different.  Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's unlikely the app update caused the issue but anything is possible.

I know you said you checked the voltage from the transformer but was that with the wires connected to the doorbell (placing the circuit under a load)?

Have you tried the doorbell reset procedure?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

LMREA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the voltage was when the doorbell was connected.  I have tried the reset multiple times.  Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of the app? I think it is very strange that I haven’t had any problems for 3 years until now and that was the same time the new version was uploaded to my phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A possible issue is the transformer itself even though you're measuring the proper voltage (guess it could also be the wiring). The app really doesn't have anything to do with this except to be able to onboard the device initially. Also, the current app is 4.12 in February as noted in the firmware release table:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/m-p/1920885#M791

You can't go back to earlier versions of the app. BTW, by "app change" are you saying that it was a simple app update or that you now have the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings?

LMREA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was referring to the app update on my phone on Jan 17; 2024.  I have updated to 4.12 today and will try to onboard the doorbell again.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing the same behavior with the AVD1001 doorbell?

LMREA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I decided to scrap the wired version and ordered a wire less which onboarded with no problem.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am glad the new doorbell worked for you without any issues. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation