Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001 Doorbell not working with power

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello All.

I have a AVD1001 video doorbell. I install it about three weeks ago and it worked perfectly until about a day ago. The day it stopped working, there was a short blackout lasting about 45 minutes. Ever since the power came back on, the device hasn't worked. No LEDs at all, nothing happens when the button is pressed and unable to connect to it from the Arlo app. I verified power to the device with a multimeter and its getting 20V. I also attempted to reset it and removing/re-adding the doorbell on the Arlo app, but nothing.

Anyone have any other ideas? I have a suspicion that when the power came back on, it may have received a surge that killed it.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some Texans have recently posted about this. The solution seems to be turning power off to the doorbell (circuitbreaker or remove a wire from the back of the doorbell) for a brief time, maybe as much as a minute, and then reconnect power.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some Texans have recently posted about this. The solution seems to be turning power off to the doorbell (circuitbreaker or remove a wire from the back of the doorbell) for a brief time, maybe as much as a minute, and then reconnect power.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Thank you very much. That worked.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation