Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001-100NAS not working with Sprint hotspot

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
musiclvr56
Follower
Follower

Currently I only have a Sprint hotspot loaned from the library which would not "pair up" (not sure these are the right words) after my son, Eric,  installed it.  I have a Samsung cellphone with a hotspot and tethering.  Eric couldn't get this to work as well and told me I would have to have my cellphone on all the time which would drain the battery and that I couldn't have a video recording when I am away from home.  I had internet but discontinued it for almost a few months because I am frugal.    I am older person so not "super tech" savvy but am guessing I will have to have the internet again through the local company.  This was difficult to put in words so I don't know if this makes sense.  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@musiclvr56 wrote:

... am guessing I will have to have the internet again through the local company....

A cellphone hotspot won't work out well, for the reason you stated - the doorbell can't connect when the cellphone isn't close to the doorbell.

Mobile broadband should work ok - though obviously it doesn't seem to be working out for you with the Sprint hotspot.  We'd need more information (perhaps from your son) on that problem.  Or he could potentially engage Arlo support using the link in the upper right of the forum page.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation