Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

25% off on Subscription Plans

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PaulTH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the summer we purchasd and installed three Arlo devices. Initially, we started with the free trial subscription but as that was drawing to a close I purchased a monthly subscription in early September. Just two days later, I received an email with an offer for 25% off on a subscription.  The email link for the offer did not work so I contacted Arlo support to see if they could apply the 25% off to my account.  After 7 weeks and many updates to my case they have rejected my request.

Their email has made it clear that they do offer 25% off on subscriptions yet they refuse to honor it for an existing subscriber.  To make things worse, they absolutely failed with customer service as it took them 7 weeks to say no.

Quite frankly, I would not have purchased from Arlo if I had known their service was so poor.  I am posting this to make others aware of a few things.  1. Arlo's service is absolutely awful.  2. If you are thinking of migrating from the free trial subscription don't be too eager as Arlo will penalize you, rather than support you.

Just wondering,  what are others experiencing?  

Arlo - If you have a change of heart.  This is related to Case Number: 42698688.  I know that you could provide me with 25% off but you are choosing not to.  Just because I beat the subscription deal offer by a few days.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the poor experience. I'll take a look at your case. If there are any exceptions that can be made, i'll escalate and request a status update.

JamesC

PaulTH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for looking into this JamesC.  Quite frankly this shouldn't require an "exception".  You offered me 25% off literally 2 days after I began my subscription.  ANY customer focused organization of ANY reputation would have honored the 25% off.  A best of class customer service organization, such as Amazon, would have offered it in the first phone call.  Not seven weeks leading to a NO, followed by a promise to follow-up that has now taken two full days.  Yikes!!!  Your company should be able to and needs to be better than this if you want to compete.  Your competitors will dominate you.

PaulTH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I have been forgotten .... again.  Or this is just normal at Arlo where "quick" and "professional" customer service doesn't mean hours or days but weeks or months.

So sad.

I really hoped that a little limited visibility would get a new set of eyes on my problem and lead to a resolution.  I have a legitimate question and I am asking Arlo to provide a reasonable resolution.  I mean why does it have to be so hard to offer the 25% off that you were willing to offer me.  I guess I can try what I have done before and make this more public by broadcasting this issue on your public Facebook page.  It is only a few dollars a month but I am stubborn and I get stuck on the principle of what is right.  I am right on this and Arlo is very wrong!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated your case to the care team and requested a status update. I'll provide you with an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PaulTH,

An agent should be reaching out to you with a status update on this issue shortly. Please reach out to me via private message if you have any additional questions or concerns.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation