Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

wiring a wire free doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mikestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I want to hard wire my wire free arlo doorbell. When I look online it looks like the wired versions have an extra piece of equipment that connects to the chime. Do I need to purchase this piece of kit? If so where can I buy it from (I’m in the U.K.)

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikestorm wrote:
I want to hard wire my wire free arlo doorbell. When I look online it looks like the wired versions have an extra piece of equipment that connects to the chime. Do I need to purchase this piece of kit? If so where can I buy it from (I’m in the U.K.)

The AVD2001 doesn't need the power kit (even if you "hard wire" it).  So you don't need to purchase it - which is good, because Arlo doesn't sell it separately.

Mikestorm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for replying 🙂
The current bell is working on 8v which is within the 8-24v. Does this mean that the installation is just a case of swapping my old bell with the Arlo?

In the instructions it’s mentions that a 10va transformer is needed?
Thanks 🙏

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikestorm wrote:

The current bell is working on 8v which is within the 8-24v. 

In the instructions it’s mentions that a 10va transformer is needed?

The posted install guide for the AVD2001 in the document library is actually the one for the AVD1001 - @JamesC , can you look into this?

10va is power, not voltage.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StephenB,

I've checked the quick start guide on the support website and it appears to be appropriate for AVD2001. Could you provide a link to what you're referring to?

Edit: i've found the install guide link you're referring to, i've requested this link to be updated.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation