Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Helligec
Guide
Guide

Just installed my first wireless video doorbell (most recent model and updated app and firmware).  Using an iPhone 12 pro max with iOS 14.5.1 .  When someone rings the doorbell, my phone rings and when I swipe the answer bar, the screen opens to a gray screen with a spinning circle in the middle as if it is attempting to bring up the live video.  After about 1 second of spinning, the circle stops, and the entire phone freezes up with the gray screen.  All of the phones functionality stops working.  I can't lock it, swipe turn it off or anything.  After about 20 seconds of the phone being completely frozen, the app crashes, and the functionality of the phone is restored.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times with no improvement.  If I answer the call on my wife's phone, it works perfectly and the live video immediately starts playing.  One thing of note is as soon as I swipe to answer, for a split second (right before the screen attempts to bring up the video), the screen displays "doorbell" and right below that it says "doorbell call declined".  It's almost as if there is a glitch that is causing the phone to answer and them simultaneously hang up on the ring call. I'll attempt to attach a screen shot.  Thanks for the help.

IMG_0007.png
66 REPLIES 66
HandymanWhyalla
Aspirant
Aspirant

New installation - everything seems to work fine except I can't receive streaming from camera using my iPhone 12 remote to wifi. It still records (which I can see remotely) so i can see straight after that the person was there waiting. 

The phone shows that it's trying to stream, then drops out between 5-12 seconds.

I have set both iPhone and Doorbell to 2.4, reset the door bell, checked all the setting I can think of, but still unable to answer the call remotely. The doorbell updated the software when I set it up, so that should be fine

Im assuming its a set up issue? Something I've missed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HandymanWhyalla,

Are you getting an error message when trying to live stream remotely? Is this issue intermittent or does it always happen?

JamesC

HandymanWhyalla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC, 

Thanks for helping out. No error message and I haven't had it streaming at all yet as it's a new installation. When I answer to call, it display's connecting for a short few seconds on a black screen then drops out. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HandymanWhyalla,

The development is currently investigating reports of this issue and is working on a fix. I will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pressing the doorbell doesn’t work with iPhone 12 Pro Max. Motion Activation successfully captures video and audio. However, pressing the doorbell results in one of two error conditions.

1. The call to the Arlo app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max fails with a “Call Failed” message displayed on the iPhone.

2. The call to the Arlo app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max is successful, but the video on the iPhone is greyed out and the audio quality is really bad.

Doorbell :

Arlo Essential Video Doorbell WiredHardware :

AVD1001Ar1.2Firmware : 1.14.0.0_931_5ed3664_1c4138d

Video Quality 1080 x 1080

iPhone 12 Pro Max

IOS Version 14.7.1

Arlo IOS App Version 3.5.1 (2955)

WiFi NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh

WiFi 6Hardware Type Satellite

Hardware Version RBS750

Firmware Version V4.6.3.7

The Orbi Satellite is about 6 feet from the doorbell

rjpg
Star
Star

I have the same issue as OP error condition 2 "The call to the Arlo app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max is successful, but the video on the iPhone is greyed out ".

iPhone 12 Pro Max

AVD2001Aer1.2

heckler96
Guide
Guide

After reading the entire thread only to find out still no solutions yet since first reported in May.

Come-on Arlo, I just have a spanking new iPhone 12 max with latest iOS & Arlo firmwares. 

Same issue. Cannot answer the doorbell, However, my wife iphone 12 Pro works.

Sincerely,

KA

Helligec
Guide
Guide
Arlo is a complete waste of time. I returned all of my arlo products and
purchased another brand doorbell (Logitech circle view video doorbell). The Logitech works great. Arlo’s customer service is nonexistent and I will never be a customer of theirs again. Do yourself a favor and don’t give arlo your business. Return your products and go with someone else.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on a solution for this issue that we hope to have available very soon (within the next week). Once I have more information available I will provide an update here.

JamesC

Helligec
Guide
Guide
It’s a joke that arlo is saying this will be fixed within a week. People have been trying to get this fixed for month after month after month after month with no communication or any kind of resolution. The best decision I made was to return all of my Arlo products and don’t give them another dime of my money. Everybody else reading this thread who is having the same problem, do yourself a favor and get rid of all your Arlo products and go with somebody who actually produces a working piece of hardware and software.
heckler96
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the update James. 

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled the Arlo Video Doorbell and installed a Ring Pro Video Doorbell. The Ring doorbell worked first time. I'll be returning the Arlo Doorbell. 

rjpg
Star
Star

Still not fixed.

heckler96
Guide
Guide

Yes indeed, been 10 days since my post and no solutions yet.

Its frustrating. cannot answer any call from the bell.

Best part is that subscription is being paid and the only important features cannot be used...

I hope Arlo can come up with the solution soon.

KA

Helligec
Guide
Guide
I’m sorry to say it, but if people are waiting for a solution from Arlo, you’re going to be waiting for a long time. It’s been 4 months for me. After receiving no help from arlo after several weeks, I returned my Arlo products and purchased a Logitech doorbell. I had the new one up and running in 20 minutes and haven’t had a problem since. Do yourself a favor and return all your Arlo products.
StevieSS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here for the last month and to be honest I’ve had enough of it.

Just fix the software, the resolution post is a joke, uninstall the app, reinstall the app, disable WiFi, re-enable WiFi.

How about you just fix the software and apply the update ?

Arlo is supposed to be a premium product but in my experience its been anything but that and now you want me to pay a subscription for something that doesn’t work ?

Jog on….
sshoredoc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem with an android phone. I answer the bell and the app crashes.
heckler96
Guide
Guide

Yes, this is frustrating. 

This is not my first Arlo, In fact, all my four Pro 2 running fine in the last two years.

Read about all the negatives about this doorbell, I still buys it figure to have the doorbell as part of the same eco system.

I have no issue with the doorbell for the last 6 months until I upgraded to iPhone 12 ProMax, my wife's 12 Pro currently has no issue at all.

I know it can be fixed thru a firmware but its like taking forever.

Now I am considering Nest doorbell to replace this.

It's a shame to Arlo, really.

KA

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on a fix for this issue. I will keep this thread updated as we gather more information.

JamesC

LukevdWaal
Tutor
Tutor
Awesome stuff James, glad to hear it. Thanks for listening to the community, I installed a Smart Hub and 2 Arlo Pro 3 cameras in addition to the doorbell, loving them so far!
PBKB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve just installed the doorbell and have a 12 Pro Max. Same issues. Wife’s iPhone 8 is fine. I’ll give it ten days then I’ll get a Ring doorbell.
rjpg
Star
Star

Still not fixed James. How much "more information" do you need? The doorbell does not work properly with the iPhone 12 ProMax, the latest and most expensive model that I purchased specifically because the doorbell did not work properly with an earlier model iPhone that I had.

heckler96
Guide
Guide
A piece of good news.
Logged into my arlo app and it shown my arlo bell has been updated.
Try the door bell and still freezes on my iPhone 12 max.
Did a reboot on the bell from my arlo app and tried again. Works!
Well arlo, it took awhile since the case being reported but at least it works now.

Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Firmware releases have gone out that should resolve this issue for AVD1001 users. A release for AVD2001 will be going out tonight to resolve this issue for Wire-Free users. I will post another update once all firmware releases are complete.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved with the latest firmware releases for Arlo Base Stations/SmartHubs (for AVD1001) and AVD2001 doorbells. Please make sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware and test again to see if you're still experiencing any issues.

Latest firmware versions can be found here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

JamesC

Discussion stats