having trouble adding a family member

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JaneJacques
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to get through to Arlo support, tel number is not available and no agents available. How can I contact them? I’m having trouble adding a family member

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can tell us all details of what you've tried and what you see, including error messages. To contact support you need a subscription so you can use Settings, Support, select a camera and get a phone number.

JaneJacques
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I’m trying to add my daughter to access the Arlo app, have been trying this for quite some time. When she first received the email, link didn’t work and subsequent requests have meant she doesn’t receive an email. Have tried calling previously but they couldn’t help. I just need her adding as a user

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JaneJacques wrote:

Thank you. I’m trying to add my daughter to access the Arlo app, have been trying this for quite some time. When she first received the email, link didn’t work and subsequent requests have meant she doesn’t receive an email. Have tried calling previously but they couldn’t help. I just need her adding as a user

Are you saying that if you send her a new invite, that she doesn't receive it?

Does your account say the invite is still pending?  Or is it accepted?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by deleting her access account in Grant Access. Create a new one and try clicking on the link on a computer rather than on a phone. For some reason that seems to work better.

Be aware that you both need to be on the same version app as well as the same user interface (a new one is being rolled out with the old one showing Library and the new one showing Feed to view videos).

JaneJacques
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you I will try that

JaneJacques
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been trying to grant access to my daughter but it doesn’t work. Tried deleting her and re adding but every time she tries the link that is sent and gets ‘we don’t recognise this devidce. It then says we sent a push notification to phone to verify your identity - if she tries to re send the push notification she gets the same message. The message is as above, her phone number is not stated. Whenever I go to add her, the invite asks her to create an account but she already has one and log in doesn’t work. I’d actually like to get this sorted as she needs this for when we are away and getting really frustrated now. Would appreciate a call or please give me the number of someone I can speak to. Jane Jacques 07817 944473

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JaneJacques wrote:

Whenever I go to add her, the invite asks her to create an account but she already has one and log in doesn’t work.

Have her click on "create account" on a PC (windows or mac, doesn't matter).  That will open up the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there she can just log in - selecting "another verification method" and then "email" to work around the trust issue.

Once the invite shows up as "accepted" in your account, you still might need to make sure both accounts are upgraded to the new "feed" experience.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation