Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless doorbell not recording

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wireless doorbell just stopped recording anything. I don’t have or want a subscription-however I want to be able to see my door for the day. Why did this all of the sudden stop?? I am not even getting all alerts. Very annoying
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Holler wrote:
I have a smart hub. Can I connect my wireless doorbell to it? Others were saying you can’t.

You can.  Arlo added this feature in December.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Holler wrote:
My wireless doorbell just stopped recording anything. I don’t have or want a subscription-however I want to be able to see my door for the day. Why did this all of the sudden stop?? I am not even getting all alerts. Very annoying

You should be getting alerts, but recordings either require a subscription, or a smarthub with direct access to local storage enabled.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a smart hub. Can I connect my wireless doorbell to it? Others were saying you can’t.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Holler wrote:

You can.  Arlo added this feature in December.

Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still not able to connect my wireless doorbell to our base station. It doesn’t find it. We reset everything and arlo says our basestation should be compatible with the doorbell. Please help
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try onboarding it to wifi first, and then see if there is a firmware update.  If the firmware is up to date, then try again to connect it through the base.

Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
We did that. It connected to wifi no problem. It is not being found by the base station
Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is saying the firmware is up to date as well
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Holler wrote:
We did that. It connected to wifi no problem. It is not being found by the base station

Current firmware for the AVD2001 is 1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4.  So you might double-check that is what you are running.

Is your base a VMB4540 smarthub?

Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it is a vmb4000 but on arlos website it says it is compatible with the wireless doorbell.
3A08E6E9-B9B6-4C84-BDD0-21EA66D21C28.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base's firmware also up to date?

Holler
Aspirant
Aspirant
It says firmware is up to date yes. Just confused because says it should be able to connect.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Holler wrote:
No it is a vmb4000 but on arlos website it says it is compatible with the wireless doorbell.

Yes.  So does this article here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

I don't know why you are finding it so difficult.  But I do want to point out that after you succeed, you won't be able to see your local recordings in the app.  You'll have to eject the storage, and then attach the USB drive to a PC every time you want to review the recordings.

JMTechniX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wireless doorbell stopped recording videos even if I paid subscription for it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JMTechniX wrote:
Wireless doorbell stopped recording videos even if I paid subscription for it.

Can you save a manual recording when livestreaming?

Alberoboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to talk to someone re clarification of functionality of available systems, so I can decide which doorbell system or bundle to buy. Please give me phone number to talk to sales or tech service. FAQ's are difficult and typically not responsive to specific potential customer concerns.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No can do - you need a subscription to talk to someone. Your best way to get info is right here - ask away.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation