Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless doorbell changes angel

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Hatla
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wire free door bell camera shifts angle. Normally it points to the right - but sometimes it shifts to pointing to the left which means you see the wall.

How do I fix this problem as it is not monitoring the door way when it is pointing away from it 😢
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hatla wrote:
My wire free door bell camera shifts angle. Normally it points to the right - but sometimes it shifts to pointing to the left which means you see the wall.

What is it mounted on?

It sounds like the back plate isn't flat and/or firmly attached to the surface on which you are mounting the doorbell.  

If that surface is flat (and wider than the doorbell), then check that the screws are all the way in.

You might need to put a mounting block or perhaps a shim of some kind between the doorbell and that surface.

View solution in original post

Best answers
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hatla wrote:

What is it mounted on?

It sounds like the back plate isn't flat and/or firmly attached to the surface on which you are mounting the doorbell.  

If that surface is flat (and wider than the doorbell), then check that the screws are all the way in.

You might need to put a mounting block or perhaps a shim of some kind between the doorbell and that surface.

Hatla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestions.

- It is mounted on the door frame with screws so is completely flat and stable...

- The surface of the door is approx. as wide as the doorbell.

- I have used the plate provided to make it point in the right direction 

Normally the doorbell points in this direction and looks like this:

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/4C3B5DEABF8C78CD_202205

But here is how it looks when it sometimes points the other way - and that is extremely unuseful...

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/B3AB2613DCD83A48_202205

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hatla wrote:

But here is how it looks when it sometimes points the other way - and that is extremely unuseful...

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/B3AB2613DCD83A48_202205

This doesn't look to me like the doorbell is shifting.  Instead it looks like the image is zoomed out to only show the upper left hand corner of the first view.

One question is whether the image is being zoomed on playback or recording.  Have you tried pinching the image on playback, to see if it zooms out?

Hatla
Aspirant
Aspirant
But the strange part is that it does it by itself.

So most recording points towards the yard - and then once in a while I get the recording that shows the wall. I am the only one with access and I do not touch anything.

When I installed the camera it asked me if I wanted to angel the camera towards one or the other side - I am pretty sure it has to do with this setting. I just cannot figure out how to reset that…
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hatla wrote:

When I installed the camera it asked me if I wanted to angel the camera towards one or the other side - I am pretty sure it has to do with this setting. 

No, it doesn't.

I suggest contacting support, using the options in the app.  If you have a subscription (paid or trial), you should see a phone option there.

Don't google for support, that will lead you to a scam site.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hatla,

I'd recommend removing the doorbell, factory resetting and then adding it again as if it were new. Once added back, test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

JamesC

Hatla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the door bell and so far it seems to be working - crossing my fingers....

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation