Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless doorbell app problem library goes to previous day

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I’m notified of detected motion and I open the app and select Library it never goes to the current date, highlighted with green dot, it always goes to the preceding day. Is there a solution?

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure this has anythinng to do with anything but is there a filter set? WHen you leave the library, do you have it set on the current day? I've found that viewing a different day when leaving the library/app will reopen for that day rather than current.

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only because I clear the library every evening and therefore I’m always leaving the app on the latest day. If I then get notifications, the next day, I would expect the App Library to open on the current day, especially when I try to view notifications that come up on my phone’s Home Screen.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bayardmm wrote:

Only because I clear the library every evening and therefore I’m always leaving the app on the latest day. If I then get notifications, the next day, I would expect the App Library to open on the current day, especially when I try to view notifications that come up on my phone’s Home Screen.

How are you opening the library?  Are you pressing the count on the camera on the main screen?  Or are you pressing the main library access?

FWIW, while I get why you'd always expect the library to start on the current day, I think there are other scenarios where it would make sense to open the library on the screen you accessed last.  So I don't think I'd consider this a bug (and would be ok with either approach).

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I get multiple notifications I open the app and select the Library icon, which will have a green dot with the number of clips available. Then the library page will open on the previous days date. I then have to select today’s date to see the clips.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the app are you using? does this occur on any of other devices? 

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this with an Android device? 

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it’s an iPad ios15.6

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to version 15.7 and test again. Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you running? 

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

What do you mean by 15.7. None of the firmware/software version are any where near those values.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Depending on the Model, 15.7 is available for the iPad. You can find more info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

Thanks 

Bayardmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, misunderstood. My iPad is running 15.7 and my phone is running 16.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am not able to replicate this issue as described with an iPad Pro running 15.7

When this issue occurs again would you be willing to send in a diagnostic log? I can provide further instructions.

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation