Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wire-free video doorbell, model number AVD2001, picture interference

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Robing64
Aspirant
Aspirant

The images from my Arlo Essential Wire-free video doorbell are disrupted by horizontal pink stripes. I have attached a screen shot to show. Is there anyone out there who can help with this disruptive problem?

Model number: AVD2001

Firmware: 1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4

WiFi

Located outside of front door

Many thanks,

Robin

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/28DB621460DDD072_202211 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Robing64 wrote:

The images from my Arlo Essential Wire-free video doorbell are disrupted by horizontal pink stripes.

Does this happen all the time, or just sometimes?

Does it happen both on livestreaming and recordings?

Have you tried removing/reinserting the battery?

Robing64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Stephen and thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

We will try the battery removal and reinsertion in the first instance and let you know how that went.

In answer to your other questions, the picture interference does not happen all the time. It is an intermittent problem. It happens on the library recordings. I have not seen it happen on live streaming.

Kind regards,

Robin

Robing64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Can I add a correction to one of my responses to your questions. I have just connected to the live stream from the doorbell camera (this is prior to removing the battery) and I now notice that the pink striped interference is present on live streaming as well (earlier I had said that I had only noticed on library recordings).

Robin

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Between the stripes and the very low frame rate, I'd say the doorbell is faulty.  Swap at the store if possible or use Settings, Support to start the RMA process.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just curious if the problem occurs when the doorbell is running on battery only?

Robing64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes, this is a battery powered doorbell. We do not have it wired into mains power.

Kind regards,

Robin

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation